5 April 2017
The County Council is being put under huge and unfair financial pressure by the Government. Electing Greens mean putting these things at the top of our agenda:
• Promoting investment in public transport, safer streets, road maintenance and drain clearing. • Prioritising small business and a strong local economy over big business.
• Supporting children's services, early learning and our schools.
• Increasing social care services for the elderly, the disabled and the vulnerable.
• Increasing affordable housing, especially for young people.
• Supporting renewable energy developments, whilst opposing fracking, other unconventional fossil fuels and nuclear power.
• Supporting farmers to deal with increasingly uncertain weather patterns and global food markets.
• Increasing support for Credit Unions to help people especially those dependent on foodbanks avoid payday loan companies and loan sharks.
• Supporting action and education on waste reduction and increasing the range of goods which can be recycled.
• Opposing the introduction of chemical fluoride in drinking water.
Find out more about these policies by clicking the "Our Policies" tab on this webpage.